To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2011 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: [AI] Filter in Excel.

@Rennuka,
Is it that you need to sort as well as filter the data? Because
picking out selected grades forms a part of filtering whereas to show
them in sorted order is sorting.
Well, to pick out selected grades, you will be able to view only 2 at
once. E.g. Students have grades assigned as A,B,C and so on,. Then, in
this case, you will be able to select students having grades as A or
B. To achieve this,
1. Apply autofilter in excel. Then you will find that a drop-down has
been created at the headers of your table.
2. Open the drop-down using Alt+Down arrow key.
3. Go to custom... option.
4. Select "equals" option from combobox.
5. Tab to the textbox next to it and type "A".
6. Tab again to radio buttons labelled as "And" and "Or". Select the
"Or" option.
7. Tab again and you will get a similar combobox where you select
"equals" again.
8. Now tab again and type "B" in the second textbox and select "Ok"

That's it. Its done.

HTH
Siddhant