have you used disc cleanup? if not, try this startmenu>program>accessory>system tools>disc cleanup, check all the boxes and confirm yes. if so, try to remove *.dmp files from your system. recently i deleted around 8 gb of such files. you can find dmp files with easy cleaner. 256 ram is not a problem with windows xp. same is here with my desktop. if you are using p4 processor, better you should extend your ram upto maximum, your mother board supports.

thanks,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Surya Prakash Sharma" <surya.sharm...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: 12 June, 2011 8:01 AM
Subject: [AI] query regarding PC getting slow.

Hello accessindians, good morning!
i need your valuable guidance in the aforesaid matter. in order to make you diagnose the problem properly and come forward with adequate suggestions, it would not be improper to give a brief description of the problem. the problem is that i have to wait for at least 10 to 15 minutes to work after turning my computer on. i am using 256 MB of RAM and Pentium 4 processor.i also use c-cleaner, disk defragmentation utility of windows and delete 'prefetch' files manually from time to time. i would eagerly look forward to your kind cooperation. can 'system configuration utility' also be of some use in this respect?

with best regards,
S. P. Sharma
e-mail: surya.sharm...@gmail.com
emailtosuryaprak...@rediffmail.com