From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Pankaj
Sinha
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2011 6:01 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] women with Disabilities -12th 5 year Plan

Dear Kanchan,

With hundreds of appologies I am sending you my suggestions at the
last moment and hope that you will include them. as I happened to see
your mail today itself.

Once again extremely sorry for this delay.

Here goes my suggestions

1.      Women and girls with disabilities not to be subjected to any
form
of discrimination either within or outside their family;

2.      Women and girls with disabilities not to be subjected to any
form
of violence either within or outside their family and government to
take strategic measures to combat all forms of violence against women
with disabilities;

3.      government to set up special service centres in police stations
and
district hospitals for women with disabilities in order to address
their specific concerns and special communication needs of women with
hearing and speech impairments as well as intellectual disabilities.

4.      Women with disabilities to be given priority in all programs of
the
government including in education, employment schemes, housing,
poverty alleviation, health care, etc.

5.      Women with disabilities shall be entitled to family, marriage,
motherhood, and kinship related rights on equal basis with others;

6.      government to ensure the safety and security of those women with
disabilities living in residential institutions.

Regards

PANKAJ SINHA

On 7/20/11, Pamnani <kanchanpamn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Friends,
>
> The 12th 5 year Plan is being drafted. It will come into effect only
on 1st
> April 2012.It will be effective for 5 years upto 2017. I have to give
some
> recommendations on the important topic of Women with Disabilities.
Just
> joined the sub group a few days ago.
>
> 1. What expenditure do you want the government to make/do which will
benefit
> women with disabilities?
> 2. What new Scheme should be introduced?
> 3. Which existing Scheme can be strengthened?
>
> Any thoughts on helping specifically  women with disabilities.
>
> You all have varied experiences this is the time to put on your
thinking
> caps and come out with something innovative and something that will
make a
> difference.
> I would love to hear the women on this group who are generally silent.
The
> fundamental thought on advocacy is Nothing for us without us. This  of
> course does not stop the men from suggesting.
>
> Too bad the time is short. Need whatever you can think of by Friday
evening.
> Have to submit the Report on Sunday.
>
> Kanchan Pamnani
> Advocate & Solicitor
> 9, Suleman Chambers,
> Battery Street, Colaba,
> Mumbai - 400 039.

please

Pankaj Sinha
(Advocate), Human Rights Law Network
Mobile-09910247816

please visit the list home page at

This e-mail message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. It should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended
recipient. If you have erroneously received this message, please delete it
immediately and notify the sender. The recipient acknowledges that TECNOVATE
ESOLUTIONS PRIVATE LIMITED, is unable to exercise control or ensure or
guarantee the integrity of/over the contents of the information contained in
e-mail transmissions and further acknowledges that any views expressed in this
message are those of the individual sender and no binding nature of the message
shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly with due
authority of TECNOVATE ESOLUTIONS PRIVATE LIMITED. Before opening any
attachments please check them for viruses and defects.