To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: [AI] Preparation to file the petitionagainsttheScribeGuidelines.....

Dear Kanchan and all:

As rightly said by Mr. Bhavani, a common written examination [CWE] for
recruitment of probationary officers/ management trainees in 19 public
sector banks is to be conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel
Selection (IBPS) on 18th of September.

Address: IBPS House, Post Box no. 8587, Kandivali (E), Mumbai 400 101

Email: com...@ibpsorg.org

Website: www.ibps.in

I am pasting below the guidelines given in the advertisement; the same can
be seen on their website also.

Guidelines for Persons With Disabilities using a Scribe
The visually impaired candidates and candidates whose writing speed is
affected by cerebral palsy can use their own scribe at their cost during the written examination. In all such cases where a scribe is used, the following
rules will apply:
The candidate will have to arrange his own scribe at his/her own cost.

The academic qualification of the scribe should be one grade lower than the
stipulated criteria.
The scribe should possess lesser marks than the candidates and not more than
60% marks in his/her own academic stream.
The scribe may be from any academic stream.
Both the candidates as well as scribes will have to give a suitable
undertaking confirming that the scribe fulfils all the stipulated
eligibility criteria for a scribe mentioned above. Further in case it later transpires that he/she did not fulfill any laid down eligibility criteria or
suppressed material facts the candidature of the applicant will stand
cancelled, irrespective of the result of the written examination.

Such candidates who use a scribe shall be eligible for extra time of 20
minutes for every hour of the examination.

With best regards,
Satguru Rathi | Helpdesk Executive
Project Eyeway - A knowledge resource for living a fuller life with vision
loss
C/o Score Foundation, 17/107 L.G.F., Vikram Vihar, Lajpat Nagar - 4, New
Delhi - 110024. India.
Helpdesk:+91-11-460 70 380 (Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm)