respected madam,
am also using the same version with the latest available skype scripts
and skype talking  and not finding so much  difficulty.
you must do  two things to get it work again.
1- recompile the installed scripts by ctrl+shift+c,
and 2- reinstall the skype talking.
it'll work for sure.

On 8/1/11, Geetha Shamanna <gee...@millernorbert.de> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I upgraded to Skype 5.5 recently and also installed the latest Jaws scripts
> along with Skype Talking. However, neither the Jaws scripts nor Skype
> Talking seem to be working. When I receive a call, Skype does not announce
> the name of the caller as it ought to with Skype Talking installed.
> Likewise, the chat messages are not read out automatically.
>
> What could be wrong? I have Windows 7 and Jaws 12 installed on my machine.
> Many thanks.
> Geetha

"In the lonely path of broken dreams, Its the heaven that I am
searching for..
 All these stars seems dull to me, Its the moon that I
am searching for..
 There is a crowd around me at all times, Its a soul
that I am searching for..
 My life is like an endless road, Its a
destination that I m searching for..
Dont know what is it that I've
lost, Maybe it is ME that I am searching for...!"