I consider it as a good alternative, but not a perfect one.
I dislike the accuracy level of KNFB.
-----Original Message----- From: Phen Varghese
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2011 9:44 AM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Mobility

If you have a KNFB reader with you then there is no need of sited assistance.
I think that KNFB reader will read the products which are written in
printed form.

On 9/16/11, Amar Jain <amarjain2...@gmail.com> wrote:
Well, of course for mobility white cain is suitable provided that you know
the manner in which it is to be handled, as then it would cause no trouble
to others.
But then at the end of the day you surely need a sighted person's assistance
in order to know what are the products, where are they, and in case of
hotel, where the waiter is, so that you can call and ask for rates and all.
So, a combination of both.