----- Original Message ----- From: "TTS Support" <support-...@lantana.tenet.res.in>
To: <d_nik...@yahoo.co.in>
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 9:54 AM
Subject: Fw: Re: Request for TTS software

Hello Sir,

I tried this OCR
After registering, you will get an email in the mail id provided during
registration.
There will be an activation link in that email
after activation, you can log in to the site.
Then go to the link "Optical Character Recognition (Devanagari and Gurumukhi)"
Upload the file
File should be of image format, scanned one.
Below are the instructions to it.
I have not tried uploading a file.
Please try it out.
This software was developed by IIT Delhi,
I could not find any contact information to them.
If it is not working, I will try to contact somebody there.

Gurumukhi And Devanagari End to End OCR)
1. Maximum file size than can be uploaded is 10 MB.
2. Scanning resolution should be 300 dpi.
3. Gray Level and black & white images are supported.
4. Select the script and press Execute button to run OCR.
5. OCR may take some time, so don't refresh the page.
6.After editing the OCR output, click on Save button to save the edited output. 7. Click on Show all Output Files button to view or download all the output files.
8.Supported input image formats are tiff,bmp,png and giff.

Thanks & Regards,
TTS Group,
IIT Madras