From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Srinivasu
Chakravarthula
Sent: 20 November 2011 21:26
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Voice-enabled set-top boxes

Rahul,
I think, that's one of the objectives of the National Policy on Electronics
Accessibility (http://india.gov.in/images/hp/dnp.pdf) and once this policy
comes into existence, that would be applicable to DTH providers too.

Meanwhile, we can sensitize the DTH providers about the accessibility and
show them the resources available world wide; something similar to the good
efforts being put in by XRCVC for accessible ATMs.

Rahul and others, I think, we should talk about legal aspects as a last
thing; in this case, have we done enough work? Has any of us requested our
service providers and got a denial?

BTW, thanks for bringing this up, I shall write to Airtel soon I compile
complete data on Accessible Set top box.

Thanks,
-Srinivasu

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 8:20 PM, Rahul Bajaj
<rahul.bajaj10...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> In some countries, DTH service providers provide voice-enabled set-top
> boxes for visually impaired people.
> So, can't we ask the DTH service providers in India to also do the same?
> We can also take legal assistance if they refuse to accept our demands.
> What do you all think about this?
>
> Cheers,
> Rahul

> .in