Dear All,

The Following is the requirement that is needed for the conversion and I am
happy to tell all that the features shall be made available at the earliest.

Requirements:

first of all, it should be accessible. I.e. I could be able to use it with
Jaws. it should be able to convert color images and grayscale images to
monochrome images. it should be able to handle single as well as multiple
images in a folder. outputs may be put in the same folder with the same
names replacing the originals or they can be put in a separate folder with a
small string appended at the end of the file names in order to distinguish
them from the originals. the single files processed may be placed in the
same folder as of the original file. otherwise, the user can be given the
option of saving the modified file (in case of single file
only.) with a save as dialog box. as I told earlier, the threshold for
converting grayscale images into monochrome should be able to be varied by
the user for a file in case of single file processing, and for a batch for
batch processing. better there should be preview option (single file case)
to preview how the converted image would be for different threshold values.
for this, you can have a slider for varying the threshold and the preview
pane in a window. there is something called dynamic thresholding where
different threshold is applied for different parts of the image in order to
improve the recognizability of the image. but I don't know the mechanism of
that process. if you know about it, please enlighten me. he program should
be compatible with known picture formats like jpg, bmp, tiff, png, gif, etc.

better the output be in tif format because kurzweil only processes the tif
files directly. in addition, better if the program contains the options to
modify the brightness and contrast of the images.

Yours
Umesha

Thanks & Regards,
Chinai Giri

this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are