first of all, we have to get the recruitment rules putting that disqualifying conditions and other legal evidences of past solutions like the high court judgment in the HIV case and the PM interventions and then fight for the justice. as said earlier, legal experts can help in a long way.

Umesha

----- Original Message ----- From: "P. Subramani" <subramani6...@gmail.com>
To: "Vamshi. G" <gvamsh...@gmail.com>; <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Sunday, 26 February, 2012 12:25 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] Blind person denied job in railways because of diabetes

[AI] Blind person denied job in railways because of diabetesThanks for your observations and changing the subject appropriately. ----- Original Message ----- From: Vamshi. G
 To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
 Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 12:44 AM

 Hi,

 I thought  you could have gained some attention by putting more
 appropriate subject line which  explicitly states the story.  hence I
 have changed the subject line.

 First, this disqualification is not on the ground of disability, but
 on the ground of a disease (diabetes).  So, I doubt whether PWD Act
 applies to this case.
 We should find out whether government can disqualify on the ground of
 such diseases .

 Second, I heard of some case where a person with HIV positive has been
 disqualified and the court gave the ruling against such denial.  So,
 if HIV positive can't be denied a job, sure a person with diabetes
 shouldn't be.  however I'm not sure of any concrete legal remedy.

 You may hear more from legal experts.

 --
 G. Vamshi
 PH Res : +91 877-2243861