Hi Salman,
I think there is no shortcut key to bypass paste special dialog in this case. at the most we can have a shortcut key for bringing that paste special dialog instead of getting it through menus. to do that, go to tools - customize - keyboard.... but thank you for the idea of paste special for getting rid of kurzweil's notorious white on black format. I was very much disturbed by this format problem whenever I had to copy from kurzweil to word. I was first copying the text along with that unwanted format and later use copy format and paste format commands to apply the formatting from a word's default format. you might be knowing it is very difficult and in my case impossible to change that black background by using any formatting tool. so, I was following the trick of this copy format feature. paste special with unformatted text suggested by you is a good alternative and I will do it in future.

Umesha

----- Original Message ----- From: "Salman Raafay" <salmanraa...@gmail.com>
To: "accessindia" <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Monday, 19 March, 2012 6:10 PM
Subject: [AI] Is there special command for special paste

Hi friends when ever we copy some text from kurzweil and paste it in
MS word, it is pasted with same formatting as it was in kurzweil. To
avoid it what I generally follow that I do paste special through edit
manue in MS word selecting 'unformatted text'. I am looking for direct
command for avoiding this manual process of doing special paste. Can
anybody help me.
I am using MS word 2003, is this option available in MS word 2007 and 2010?

--
M.Phil scholar at JNU