From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Umesha
Economics
Sent: Monday, 19 March, 2012 8:13 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] how to file RTI.

it is not in any provisions of RTI act that a person should submit his/her
disability certificate. so, please discourage such actions by all your
friends unless there is a specific issue with and you need a special
arrangement to be made from PIOs regarding accessibility of information. I
think it happens only with direct inspection of documents by the applicant.

in all other cases, this procedure will bring more negative consequences
than positive ones. keep in mind, many public servants and PIOs think RTI
applications a real disturbances and are not happy with it. if a
considerable number of such applications carry a disability certificates
along with them, they will hastily conclude that "blind people have no work.

so, they will file such applications" and consider the community as a source

of disturbance. so, I request all the members of the list, in the interest
of the community and your own interest, please do not make a reference in an

RTI application that you are blind unless it is highly necessary. the RTI
act makes no concessions to either blind or disabled. sorry if my words have

hurt someone.

Umesha