In my case initially IIM-K administration insisted for using 12th or 11th class student as scribe! Their argument was that an undergraduate who had read subjects like commerce will be able to assist visually impaired student. My argument was: how can school student explain me symbols and how can he write / draw such symbols & notations on the answer sheet based on my verbal explanation? Moreover if exams of IIM-K are so easy that any undergraduate can write exam then what about the national repute of this institute?

with regards
Avneesh Singh
 On 13-04-2012 21:15, Prashant Ranjan Verma wrote:
Dear Kartik,
Was there any discussion on invigilation? I think the examining body should
        engage one invigilator for each visually impaired candidate who will
keep an
eye over the scribe and blind candidate to make sure that the scribe is not
writing answers on his own.
Even if some method of verifying certificates is established, the scribe can
anyway help the candidate if he/she wants to. I think invigilation is the
only answer and blind candidates should not be penalized in the fear of
malpractice.

Prashant

-----Original Message-----
From: young-vo...@googlegroups.com [mailto:young-vo...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Kartik Sawhney
Sent: 13 April 2012 18:22
To: young-vo...@googlegroups.com
Cc: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: CCPD hearing

Dear members,

I wish to uprise all of you to yet another wonderful judgement passed by the
Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities. In this case, I had
complained against the CBSE for non-provision of appropriate facilities for
writing entrance examinations (All India Engineering/Architecture Entrance
Examination). Actually, CBSE had laid down restrictive conditions regarding
the eligibility of scribe, i.e. the scribe should be from
Commerce/Humanities stream (without Mathematics). Of course, as is very much
understandable that a scribe having no familiarity with Science will not
even be able to read out the question properly, forget doing the rough work
on my behalf. In this regard, IIT Delhi, CBSE-AIEEE Unit and Ministry of HRD
were sent a notice for a hearing today.

Representatives of IIT Delhi and CBSE attended the meeting. The following
were the major decisions taken.

1. The Chairman, IIT-JEE 2012 stated that they were finding it difficult to
implement the decisions that were taken, i.e. exempting the blind candidates
from visual inputs. However, it was reinforced that the decision stands as
it is, only the implementation will be further clarified in the next Joint
Admission Board meeting slated to be held in August 2012.
2. It was clarified to him that the facility of extra time is applicable not
only for subjective examinations, but also objective competitive
examinations. Accordingly, he promissed to consider that too.
3. As regards scribe, it was pointed out that a scribe from
Commerce/Humanities stream would not serve the purpose, and hence a scribe,
one class lower than the stipulated eligibility for the examination, but of
the same stream should be allowed. IIT pointed out that their rules provided
for the institute to provide the blind or the physically disabled candidate
with an appropriate scribe, and did not allow the candidate to bring his/her
own scribe. However, I pointed out (siting other competitive examinations
such as CLAT, CAT
etc.) as to how externally provided scribes did not always work well for the
blind candidates. However, he pointed out yet another apprhehension. He
stated as to how at times, candidates misused this facility. He was
concerned about the authenticity of the certificates submitted by the
scribes which substantiated their eligibility for the exam. Nevertheless, he
promissed to look into the matter, and this was duly noted in the judgement
as well.
4. AIEEE agreed to follow the rules and norms laid down by the IIT Joint
Admission Board.
5. These bodies have to notify the final procedure to the Office of the
Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities by September 2012.

Friends, I was wondering if there is a way through which the authenticity of
the certificates submitted by the scribe could be confirmed. Any
suggestions?

Any inputs will be highly appreciated,
Regards,
-Kartik

Initially the IIM-K      insisted to use