From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Zujar Shabbir
Kanchwala
Sent: 22 April 2012 10:56
To: surendra.salgaonk...@gmail.com; accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Cc: Ganpati... Emails; sayeverything
Subject: Re: [AI] Confusion!

Hi Surendra,

All these modes of payment provide comfort. ECS or Electronic Clearing
Service helps pay bills regularly without remembering the due dates for
payment. Once you opt for paying bills through ECS, it is paid up by the
bank on a specific date with or without your consent. The good thing here is
that you don't need to enter security details for each transaction. Anyway
you may need to monitor the amount being charged and the amount being paid
by the bank. You need to ensure sufficient balance in the account for the
ECS transaction to be carried out successfully.

NetBanking and payments using cards happen online - you pay the bills on
your own convenient date. In netbanking you provide your netbanking
ID/Password and mostly a one-time password to authorize the transaction. You
get the flexibility to pay using any bank account if you have multiple
accounts. Also you pay the amount as per your convenience - part payment or
full payment. Note that you cannot pay more amount than your balance.

In case of card payment, you need to enter card details like the 16-digit
card number, its expiry date and CVV (the 3 digit code on the reverse of the
card). It also requires a master card security code to authorize the
transaction. You may need to memorize these details or take sighted help to
read the details printed on the card and proceed with the transaction. You
do have the option to pay using any card if you have more than one and it
also helps you pay in part or full. Here you don't need to worry about your
current bank balance but need to pay the credit card bill in time. Late
payment of credit card bills attract heavy amount of penalty and interest
which may prove the benefit costly.

Also, you can use the card for making a payment using IVR (Interactive Voice
Response) facility if your biller provides one. In this option a one-time
password is required as mandated since a couple of months.
This password remains valid for a limited period of time or for one
transaction whichever happens earlier.

Payment using mobile banking closely resembles netbanking with the
difference that you can make the payment while on the go using GPRS enabled
phone. I haven't exercised this option so can't say how the transaction is
authorized.

Expecting more members to share their viewpoints and experiences.

--
Best Regards,
Zujar...

An optimist laughs to forget, whereas a pessimist forgets to laugh!