To: "Access India" <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 5:26 PM
Subject: [AI] beginner information on daisy

hi friends,
we have seen so much of daisy now a days. but I have never used it so far. I am very much uneducated in this matter. I don't know anything except that it is an accessible format, it uses text and audio, it easier for quick navigation than MP3, and so on. I want to know some thing about this system including: basic information, how to produce and convert other files into daisy, what are the programs for it, (preferably freewares) which are the good daisy players, how to edit and add bookmarks in these files, what are the advantages over other formats, how about daisy files in Indian languages, etc. so, please suggest me the best sources of this information as well as programs.

thanking you
Umesha