ok,
if you are getting this problem, do the following:
go to applications, settings, voice input and output,  text to seach
settings,  this is the area where  you will have to done some settings
like,  always use my default settings, ,  check,  check that check
box, second comes the default engen,  use here the default eco tts
that comes with google, you can also use the well known e speak tts
that is a freeware.  that need to be downloaded.
next comes, install voice data,  go to that and select the language
that  you want to use.
it'll take some time and your phone should start speaking.

On 6/21/12, Shona Man <shonam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi friends I have with me samsung galaxy mobile phone, it has android
> 2.3, please tell me how to enable talkback i.e. screen reader for
> android, i want to hear the voice of talkback therefore suggest me the
> method to enable it.
>
> --
> LL.M candidate
>  at Faculty of Law in University of Delhi

"
I have just three things to teach:
 Simplicity, patience, compassion.
 These three are your greatest treasures.
 Simple in actions and in thoughts,
 You return to the source of being.
 Patient with both friends and enemies
 You accord with the way things are.