Hi friends,

This is an excellent news:  a couple of clarifications please:

Are the family members of the blind and visually impaired who are not
disabled permitted to utilize this service?  Also,  what are the
documents that are required as address proofs and is it necessary to
pre-register with NAB authorities for the same?

Thanks and all the best,

Ketan

On 8/14/12, NAB India Advocacy <nabadvocac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Subject:   4 days Aadhaar camp  for the visually  impaired persons at
>                  NAB premises  Worli  Sea Face.
>
> We are happy to inform you that the NAB  Department of Advocacy is
> organizing a Aadhar camp  for obtaining unique Identity  Card  in
> collaboration with the BMC (Brihan Mumbai Mahanagar Palika ) and
> Unique Identification Authority Of India Aadhaar which will empower
> visually impaired people in accessing services such as the formal
> banking
> system and give them the opportunity to easily avail various other
> services provided by the Government and the private sector.
>
> It is observed that many visually impaired persons are being denied
> for this card because of blindness; hence we approached the Unique
> Identification Authority of India for this Camp.
>
> The details are as follows:
>
> Date :   29th August 2012 to 1st September 2012
> Time :      9:30 am to 5:00 pm.
> Venue :    National Association for the Blind (India)
>                  11 khan abdul Gaffar Khan Road
>                   Worli Seaface
>                   Mumbai 400030
>
>  Mandatory Documents :     Proof of address
>                                               Proof of Identity
>
> Those who are resident of India and have not enrolled for this Unique
> Identity card can come to enroll themselves.
> We would request  all the  Hon. Secretaries, Head of the Departments,
> individuals and the institutes working for the welfare of the visually
> challenged to  spread this news and take maximum advantage of this
> camp
>
> For any further queries/information kindly contact  on tel. no.
> 24932539/24988134.
>
> Thanking you,
>
> Yours sincerely,
>

>  Poonam Pardesi