It is also advisable to wear a helmet.

-original message-
Subject: Re: [AI] Travelling by a 2 wheeler
From: "Vamshi. G" <gvamsh...@gmail.com>
Date: 22.09.2012 18:43

Dear Mohit,

The main  precaution to be taken is that you shouldn't be taking  the
driving seat(smile).

While getting down the bike, ask the driver to which side you should
get down.  Recently I had to get down from the bike and the driver
didn't tell me that the surface is    lower than normal  on the left
side,and as a result I had to stretch my leg that much more which
caused some  pain in my calf.  Also, ask the driver if there are any
vehicles coming  either side so that you can know which side you
should get down.  And if by any chance, the driver has to push the
vehicle for a short distance instead of driving it(in case of empty
fuel tank/punctured tire), just hold the handle on  the backside of
the seat and follow the vehicle, and   never take any side of  it.

Otherwise, its fun going on a two wheeler.  I travel a lot with my
father/brother/friends this way.  And I simply love it!

On 9/22/12, Mohit Shah Shah <mohit.shah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> How safe is it for a VI person to travel on a 2 wheeler with others?
> Any precautions/tips/suggestions?
>
> Cheers,
> Mohit

G. Vamshi