Dear Rahul,

Actually, I am looking for either Iphone (prohibitively expensive) or
Android 4.1 Jelly bean phone.  Does your Carbon have talkback or
spiel?  Are you able to use apps?  FB, Twitter etc?  Do share so that
I can make my decision.

With regards,

Ketan

On 10/8/12, ashook kumaaaaar <ashokkumaaa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello friends is there any person  who is using  carbonn a18? If yes
> then  pls share your  comments. Because  i m looking for this  thanks.
>  ashok kumar.
>
> On 10/8/12, Ketan Kothari <muktake...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear Accessindians,
>>
>> Interesting discussion, but the more I read the more depressed I get
>> as I love to use my phone beyond mere phone.  Since Android and Iphone
>> have no keyboard, I am actually feeling very insecure.  Are there any
>> Android phones at the higher end with keyboard?
>>
>> Is there any blind/low vision friend who is using Iphone?  I think the
>> learning curve in Iphone and Android devices is very steep.
>>
>> Do comment please and try and lift this veil of depression.
>>
>> With best wishes,
>>
>> Ketan
>>
>> On 10/3/12, Prashant Ranjan Verma <pr_ve...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> I recently bought Samsung galaxy S3 android phone. You will know that
>>> along
>>> with iPhone it is touted as the best smart phone and the internet is
>>> full
>>> of
>>> comparisons.
>>> I chose to buy this instead of iPhone 5 because first in India iPhone 5
>>> will
>>> arrive only in November or December and secondly the new Maps
>>> application
>>> is
>>> not likely to work in India until further few months on the iPhone.
>>> In addition to this I wanted to test book reading apps on android as a
>>> part
>>> of my professional work.
>>>
>>> With Talkback, eyes free keyboard and few other apps this phone has
>>> become
>>> accessible. Despite no physical keys it is possible to do everything on
>>> the
>>> phone although several things take much more time as compared to a phone
>>> with full keypad. The voice recognition feature is much improved and I
>>> am
>>> eagerly waiting for its Jelly bean update after which it will be
>>> possible
>>> do more with voice. Even now I am able to search contacts and send sms
>>> with
>>> the voice recognition  app.
>>>
>>> This phone is a delight for a person with low vision. The fantastic big
>>> screen with the option of increasing the font size to large or huge
>>> makes
>>> the screen readable. The digital magnifying apps are also wonderful.
>>> They
>>> convert this device into a good reading tool giving serious competition
>>> the digital magnifiers which alone sell for 20 K and beyond. I won't
>>> recommend this to a totally blind person yet. It will be an unnecessary
>>> extra expenditure on a big screen.
>>>

>>> Time permitting I will write more on this.
>>>
>>> Prashant

>>> please
>>> visit the list home page at

>> Ketan Kothari