really a welcome step.
----- Original Message ----- From: "rambabu adikesavalu" <rambabu_...@yahoo.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2012 9:28 PM
Subject: [AI] TISS Conducts CET in Braille

Dear Accessindians,
Greetings!
I am coming online after a long time. But this time I am coming out with some interesting piece of info with regard to the CET--Common Entrance Test to be conducted by our institute--Tata Institute of Social Sciences. As you all would be aware that TISS conducts a All India level CET to select its new students every year. This year we are conducting the CET through online. The CET is scheduled on 13 January, 2013. Please go through the TISS website at www.tiss.edu and look at the details of the Admision Process for the M.A. Programmes for the Academic year 2013-15. You are expected to fill in the Application form online. Please follow the steps carefully and choose your options and fill up the form Its a very easy procedure and each stage provides you very clear guidance for filling the form. Once you are done with the form you are expected to download the details and take print out of the same.
The last date for submission of the form is 17 November 2012.

TISS would conduct an Orientation Programme for students from the marginalised sections of the society by the second week of December.

Now, here's the most interesting part of the whole procedure.
As I had mentioned that TISS is conducting the CET online, there is a choice for written mode and the candidates have to specify that in the Application Form. As for the Candidates with Visual Impairment is concerned, we are providing the Question Paper in Braille and the candidates have to ask their writers to just tick the right option. At the same time, we also acknowledge the fact that every one may not be comfortable with Braille as there are persons with VI who would not have the opportunity to learn Braille. Hence, we are allowing them to take the Writer's support. In order to identify the candidates who need Braille Question Sheets, our Administrative Staff would contact the VI candidates personally over their contact numbers and find out their need and make the arrangements accordingly.
So please make use of this opportunity and do well in the CET.
The selected candidates would have to appear for Group Discussion and Personal Interview in the 3rd week of March. For any further query you may feel free to contact me on my email off the group and call me at 09444310134. As I am in Chennai now I am using this number until 19 November.

With best wishes,

Dr. A.Rambabu,
Assistant Professor, Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policies,
and
Member, Special Standing Committee,
Social Protection Office,
TISS, Mumbai