From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of
Lissy Verghese
Sent: 20 November 2012 13:08
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Prominent Blindness Leader From India Gets International Award

Ruthless in words, kind in action, I am left with no other option, but
to be grateful to Kaul Sir for being what I am now at present.
I am not someone who is successful by social standards, but, I earn
from something I love most!
Thank you!
Lissy Verghese

On 11/20/12, Rahul Bajaj <rahul.bajaj10...@gmail.com> wrote:
> He is indeed an inspiration for all
> I was able to see in person his determination and commitment during my short
> stay at AICB.
> It would have been great if a person of his stature had been a little more
> amiable  and likable  by the people at AICB and not so ruthless in his
> ways.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 19-Nov-2012, at 10:46 PM, avinash shahi <shahi88avin...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Kaul sir is really matchless.
>> I spent one year in AICB, and observed, he kept coming to the office
>> despite suffering from Typhoid, to ensure smooth functioning of
>> Braille books production so that students studies not get affected at
>> all.
>> He comes at Seven in the morning and goes around 5 30 to 6 and hardly
>> takes holidays on saturdays and sundays.
>> dedicated person like Kaul sir is hard to find.
>> Heart felt congratulations to him.
>> He is real emancipator.
>> On 11/19/12, srinivas.karnati <srinivas.carn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> dear friends: I am pleased to inform that Mr. J.L. Kaul, Secretary
>>> General,
>>> All India Confederation of the Blind, was conferred the prestigious
>>> International Award 'Louis Braille Medal' by the 'World Blind Union'
>>> (WBU).
>>> The Award was presented to him by the President, WBU, Mrs. Maryanne
>>> Diamond
>>> on conclusion of the WBU's 8th General Assembly held in Bangkok from 12th
>>> 16th November, 2012.  The Award is presented by the WBU in a quadrennium
>>> an individual rendering outstanding international service in the field
>>> of
>>> visual impairment.  WBU is the apex international body in the field of
>>> visual impairment having consultative status in UN Agencies.  The Award
>>> is
>>> the highest honour presented by WBU.
>>>

>>> Mr. Kaul, who is himself blind, has been working ceaselessly for the
>>> empowerment of persons with visual impairment in India and overseas for
>>> the
>>> last about 40 years.  He is the first person to get this coveted Award
>>> from
>>> the developing countries in last about 30 years.
>>>
>>> k. srinivas
>>>
>>> Email: srinivas.carn...@gmail.com
>>>
>>> cell: 09490589531 or 07386934647
>>> of
>>> mobile devices on:

>>> please
>>> visit the list home page at

>> Avinash Shahi
>> MPhil Research Scholar
>> Centre for the Study of Law and Governance
>> Jawaharlal Nehru University
>> New Delhi India

>> mobile devices on:

> mobile devices on: