you can use Ctrl + <character> or ctrl + shift + <character> combinations. while entering the key into the dialog box, you have to use only the character or shift + character. while running the macro, you have to use ctrl along with them.

Umesha

----- Original Message ----- From: "Amiyo Biswas" <amiyo.bis...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Tuesday, 18 December, 2012 12:29 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] Create a shortcut key for macro

Go to the macros pressing alt+f8.
Tab over to the next control which is a list box for all your macros in that excel file. Select the desired macro using arrow keys.
Tab over to the options ... button and hit enter key.
Here you will find the field for shortcut key. Press any lettter such as t. Excel will assign ctrl+t as hot key to this macro.

I tried other combinations, but without success. This is all for office 2003.

With best Regards,
Amiyo Biswas