hi Pranav,
thank you for the tips. how can I go about with add-ins? which language and platform etc.?

Umesha

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav....@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Monday, 24 December, 2012 8:58 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] you can draw your own pie chart

Hi Umesha,

Writing an add-in requires programming which is as technical as things get. Having said that, I see no obstacle in you being able to learn programming.
Add-ins are mechanisms to combine a series of macros. They facilitate easy
distribution of said macros.

There are a few ways to handle the problem of resizing charts.
1. A macro could run through each chart in a workbook and resize it if
necessary. We would need to define a situation where resizing was required.
2. A macro could also just resize the current chart. In resizing, you are
altering certain properties that define the chart. For instance, you could
be increasing the width of the chart.

Pranav