From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of
B. R. Nautial
Sent: 27 December 2012 06:18
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] I'm awarded PhD!! thanks to all.

My Hearty congratulations!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Vamshi. G" <gvamsh...@gmail.com>
To: "accessindia" <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:27 PM
Subject: [AI] I'm awarded PhD!! thanks to all.

Dear friends,

I'm happy to inform you all that I am awarded the  degree of PhD in
the subject of commerce by Sri Venkateswara university, Tirupati,
Andhra Pradesh.  My topic of research was "Assessment of Service
Quality and Pilgrim Satisfaction in TTD" under the research guidance
of Prof. C. Sivarami Reddy from the Department of Commerce, SV
university, Tirupati.

The study was a customer satisfaction survey done in the most visited
Hindu shrine, the Balaji temple in Tirupati.  Though it sounds like
something related to religious organization, it was an innovative
attempt in the area of services marketing.  The study involved
interviewing 500 pilgrims that visited Tirupati regarding their
satisfaction levels with the services provided by TTD, the
organization in charge of running the administration.  The responses
were then processed using statistical tools like factor analysis,
correlation,  regression, chi-square test, ANOVA, etc.  Conclusions
were drawn from the interpretations and a few recommendations were
made.  It was a thesis of 320 pages in terms of volume.

I must express my wholehearted gratitude to my professor, C. Sivarami
Reddy for his complete trust and confidence in my abilities.  He never
raised an eyebrow as how I would be able to complete the research with
my vision challenge.  I must also thank my entire family for
supporting me in this journey in terms of assistance in mobility,
tabulations, dictations, corrections, alignments, etc. etc.

My profound gratitude goes to Enable India( Banglore based NGO) who
gave me audio CDs with which I learnt usage of internet with Jaws.  I
must also thank Access India for being a ready reference guide for
assistive technology.  I was naive in technology when I started my PhD
work.  But  I was able to type my  entire thesis on my own referring
to over hundred tables containing complex analysis.  And usage of
internet was paramount in completion of my work.  Just for an example,
I got some analysis done by someone at Texas(USA) whom I came to know
on an on line research forum.  All this was possible only because of
Access India and Enable India.  Finally, I must thank Retina India
where I met a friend who found the data analyst for my work.

To sum up, I'm happy for having completed the PhD work with lot of
hard work.  Also, I'm happy for all the support that I received from
teachers, family, friends, and at times even from strangers!

Important note:  Please do not send any greetings on the list.  I
would be very disappointed if guidelines of Access India are violated
due to  my involvement.  I know all your wishes and blessings are with
me.  And if you still want to wish me, please write to

gvamsh...@gmail.com

I reiterate, I would be happy not to be wished rather than  being
wished on the list.  However, if you really have some value
contribution to the discussion, please go ahead.

Regards

Dr. G. Vamshi

Mobile: +91 9949349497
Skype: gvamshi81