Indeed, it is  an irreparable loss to the disability movement.
He had clear goals, coupled with capacity and willingness to concretize them.

-----Original Message-----
From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of
avinash shahi
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 9:51 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Untimely Demise of Rahul Cherian

I'm still unable to believe that Mr Cherian is no more.
personal loss to me, and certainly disability movement has lost one of
its 'visionary' intellectual and activist. When The Inclusive Planet
was started, we talked hours to facilitate quality readings to print
impaired across the globe. and in no time we uploaded more than 2000
books and articles on Inclusive Planet. It was the time when Copyright
act was about to be enacted and we were very fearful that if
concessions were not granted to print impaired, how a poor blind will
afford such costly readings?
He very generously offered me a job at the centre of Inclusive Planet
for public policy Chennai. But I declined due to my regular enrollment
and academic compulsion at JNU.
His untimely demise is irrepreble. I never missed his writings and
kept posting on this list also.
He was aleading Columnist In Indian Express his legacy is
worth-reading and keeping. just visit:
http://www.indianexpress.com/columnist/rahulcherian/
On 2/8/13, Prashanth <prashanthmn1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So sad. may his soul rest in peace.

Avinash Shahi
MPhil Research Scholar
Centre for the Study of Law and Governance
Jawaharlal Nehru University
New Delhi India

Caution: The Reserve Bank of India never sends mails, smses or makes calls
asking for personal information like your bank account details, passwords, etc.
It never keeps or offers funds to anyone. Please do not respond in any manner
to such offers, however official or attractive they may look.

received this email by error,  please notify us by return e-mail or telephone
viruses. The Reserve Bank of India  accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.