hey bro:
yes you can update  the archived folder.  as you wrote. if  both the
data is there on dropbox,  it'll just index the updated folder and on
that point,  you can share the folder without re-uploading it.

On 4/2/13, Amar Jain <amarjain2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Basically I have to share a large file, which is already there on
> dropbox. And I just need to update a part of it which is a subfolder.
> Is there a way that I could update the same without unzipping and
> zipping it back again? As that would re-upload the whole archive and
> will be waste of time. The original folder which is now updated and
> the archive both are in the dropbox if that makes any difference.
>
> There is an option in 7z update and add files. If someone has used,
> then may be that can help?
>
> Regards
> --
> Amar Jain.
> Website: www.amarjain.com

I am imperfect perfectionist perfectionizing the imperfect in me! ...
regards, Sunil Sangtani, Jaipur, India.