Hi
You do get blue-tooth wireless keyboard which supports phones / desktops.
Harish.

-----Original Message-----
From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of
Ajay Minocha
Sent: 03 April 2013 17:17
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Some doubts regarding braille

Hello sir,
I haven't planned to use a braille display atleast till 4 to 5 years from now.
Because of their cost< smile>.
I generally travel alone.
and yes, The idea of buying a vireless keyboard for my phone sounds
really nice to me but can it work with my e5?
I know that it has it's own keypad but vireless keyboard can not be
compared with it's tiny keypad.
regards

On 4/3/13, Pranav Lal <pranav....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ajay,
>
> I have been thinking along similar lines. Does Braille give me any
> additional information that speech can't? I do not have an answer to this
> question. Much depends on the kinds of documents you right and your
> learning
> style that is, do you learn better by speech or by touch? Yes, it may be
> handy to be able to use Braille during a presentation. I am assuming that
> you would be using a refreshable Braille display. Braille may also be handy
> in noisy office environments. However, be warned, reading Braille can be
> slower than using speech. Remember, you are dealing with a mechanical
> device. Braille is also good for learning spelling.
>
> As for technology failing, your sighted counter parts are as prone to this
> as you are. In emergencies, I use my smart phone with an external keyboard
> for taking notes. The size of display would depend on your comfort. For
> example, many programmers use 80 character Braille displays. I have seen
> one
> of these and it resembles a rifle. How comfortable are you with carrying a
> Braille display? How do you travel?
>
> Another point to consider from the corporate perspective is information
> interchange. In general, it is good to have your information in a form that
> is readily accessible to your colleagues. What if you are on leave and
> someone needs something from you? I speak from experience.
>
> Finally, as for running to the boss, sure, all of us have done this and
> will
> do more of this but everyone carries a laptop. Its standard equipment.
> Pranav

Ajay Minocha
Mob : +91-7827188455
E mail : ajayminoc...@gmail.com