Friends

To summarize the following suggestions were made and my response to it:
1 Modify membership to make it reference driven. Generally this was not much
favored as many had joined by surfing on the web and that we should not put
such restrictions.
My opinion to concurs with it

2 Appreciate the concerns and suggestions were made to have a small group to
screen out new members.
My comments: There are some operational issues to do this readily. Presently we
don't have any mechanism to modify the membership form, Until and unless there
is some way to add new fields there is no possibility to make it happen. We
shall explore for its possibility.

3 Decoupling topics. Suggestions were also made to make focused sub groups.
My comments: There should be a strong  need to do so and to   have sufficient
traffic driving it or some major developments in the echosphere warranting it.
Presently, there is no other sufficient candidate qualifying it.

4 Establishing identity. There were suggestion to maintain anonymity and those
who need to keep their identity concealed to respect it.
My comments: Internet is essentially an anonymous media. There is no way to
stop impersonation. In absence of a reliable mechanism, there is no sense to
pretend otherwise.

5 Multiple and fake accounts. Suggestion to screen the existing list.
My comments: We don't really have much problem of spam. Anyone found violating
the list guidelines is dealt in a universal and those warranting individualized
consideration is also being done.A balancing act is done considering the
interests of the larger group and individual needs

Some time we do get invitation mails from social sites. This happens both
because of accessibility and ignorance of users to make selective selections
from their contact list. We only need to live with and ignore such mails, as
atleast these invitation is easy to identify in the subject line.
Those who are quiet and don't bother us in any way,  they can be left alone.

Yes, our list is growing and our traffic does not grow in that sane proportion.
Our members are well aware that they respond when they need to. Agreed, some of
the members are more active when they join in, but they do get the realization
when to restrain comments. Hence, let us have confidence in our members that
they will maintain their maturity.

Regards
Harish Kotian
Moderator