no Traveling allowance will be given. but you can claim the same in contingent expenditures bill. VI scholars are given readers/escorts allowance at the rate of Rs. 2000 per month.

Umesha

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mr Abhishek Thakur" <emailtotha...@gmail.com>
To: "accessindia" <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Friday, 26 April, 2013 11:42 PM
Subject: [AI] does Traveling allowances given to VI person in JRF?

Dear all,
Greetings!
I am Abhishek Thakur currently pursuing integrated MPhil/PhD from Tata
Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai. I have qualified JRF conducted by
UGC this year.

   As part of my course work, I have to go to the field to collect
data for my research. Just to give you little more background, I am
looking impact of water and sanitation on the public health in rural
villages of Madhya Pradesh.
I would like to know, in JRF do we get travel reimbursement? If yes,
what is the process of the same?
does VI person  given any other allowances in JRF?
Thankyou for your tim
Waiting for your reply with anticipation

--
Abhishek Thakur
Research scholar