Hello sir, what instruments are required to start ham radio. And how much it
coasts
-----Original message-----
From: Kotian, H P
Sent:  10/05/2013, 2:06  pm
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] i have a doubt

Dear Ajay / Rajesh
It is a means of wireless communication using radio equipment by which one can
transmit on designated frequencies for this.
It is also known as amateur radio.

It consists of local communication similar to what you would have seen the
police use and those found at airports. There are also equipment with which the
signal  goes long distance literally around the globe.

We also have our own satellites to top it up. It is mandatory for all
astronauts to be hams.

You have to write an exams depending on it the Department of telecommunication
gives you a license to operate the wireless equipment. You get a unique ID
called a call sign and you identify with this call sign. Mine is vu2soc

There are local clubs in most towns / cities imparting training preparing for
these exams.

More info you can get at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_radio

Regards