Hello Mohib,

I wrote the following tet for trial:
Here is some sample text. 1 I am writing some text for testing find and replace feature in ms word. 38 I want to test particularly the wild card feature. 244

So far I have typed 4 sentences for this trial. 119 This is my sentence number 5 and the last. 74

Note that each fullstop is followed by a space and then a number and then another space. If this is the type of tet you are working with, then you can follow these steps:

1. In ms word, go to find and replace dialogue box.

2. in the find what box enter this text without the quotes: ". ^#"

3. In the replace with box, type without quotes: ". "

4. Now activate the replace all (alt+a) command. Word will anounce the number of replacements it has made. Keep using alt+a command until word says zero replacements.

Caution: Keep a backup for safety. You must also keep in mind the text you want to replace. If, for instance, there is no space between the fullstop and the number, then use ".^#" in the find what box and "." in the replace with box.

There is yet another method using wild card. You may try it for various expressions. For instance,

1. Go to find and replace dialogue box.

2. Activate the more button.

3. Check the wild card check box.

4. Press spacebar on special button menu and arrow down to something like range of characters.

5. Now word will put [-] in the find what box. You have to type the range, for instance, ". [0-9]" in the find what box.

6. Enter ". " in the replace with box.

7. keep using the replace all command as before.

Read more on it on the word help section. Hope, this helps.

With best Regards,
Amiyo Biswas