Hello,

I am pasting below an old accessindia message from Satguru. It worked for me.

With best regards,
Amiyo Biswas
Cell: +919433464329

Hi,

I had the same problems in the past. A friend of mine had suggested 2
solutions that you too can try. I did apply
both and they work perfectly for me now.

1, navigate to windows explorer;
Windows-key+e,
2, now use the keystroke; Alt+p. Make sure Show the preview pane is
unchecked.

Another way to do this is;
Again go to windows explorer,
Alt+t=tools,
O=options,
Shift+tab to general,
Right arrow to the view tab,
Tab until your in the treeview,
Now press the letter "s",
Until you hear;
"Show preview handlers in preview pane"
By default it's on,
Press the spacebar to turn this item off,
And tab to okay press enter.

The second solution is the following:

open your drive in which windows seven is installed.
Locate the folder named windows and open it.
Look for a file called explorer.exe and coppy it. Don't cut it please, just
coppy it.
Now, locate the folder named: system32 and open it. Paste the file you
coppied there and you are done.

As I said, after making these changes, my windows explorer rarely crashes
now.

Hope that helps.

Satguru