Friend,
It seems to be beyond my knowledge. It sounds very strange.
Then one more thing. Sometimes softwares like Deep freeze might have
been installed in the system. This software can freeze a selected
drive/folder. That means no change in the file will be saved. People
install it to protect the system from  malwares. Sometimes that might
be the reason why the change is not getting saved.
Can you tell me whether you save any file in My documents? If Deep
freeze has been installed in the system to freeze c drive, whenever
you save a file in my documents the file would not be there once the
system is restarted.
If this is not the reason some other member of the list would help
you. The trick worked in the case of Moheb sir and Bijoy sir. So the
problem is not with the I.P address.
regards,
Ratheesh