Hello Ramyaji,
Nice product! Please inform us about it's price.

-----Original Message----- From: ra...@barrierbreak.com
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2013 10:41 AM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: [AI] Label, organize and identify your belongings- An Independent Living solution

Independent living has always been a matter of concern for a person with
disability. None of us would like to be dependent on others for our basic
needs and requirements. However, due to limiting conditions many of them
have to be dependent on their friends or family or colleagues for various
things which may often result into frustration, procrastination etc. We at
BarrierBreak have perceived that every person’s needs are different from
those of the others and the use of right assistive technology can easily
ensure independent living to a person with disability.

The Case
Mr. Sameer Latey is a person with visual impairment. Having no vision in
his left eye since birth, he also lost the vision in his right eye in the
year 2000 due to retinal detachment. Despite of this the 35 year old
Charted Accountant today serves as Accounts Manager at Chowgule
Construction Chemicals Pvt Ltd and has an enormous work experience of more
than 10 years. Sameer is a well known person in the visually impaired
community and a source of inspiration for many.

As any other individual with vision loss, Sameer too had a difficulty
regarding how to identify and distinguish amongst things around such as
different colored clothes, files and folders etc. As a professional he had
to be particular about his attire in office and while out with family and
friends. He had to depend upon his family members to select his clothes.
Although the work in his office is computerized, yet for those occasional
files, folders and hard copy documents, Sameer had to depend upon others
to organize them. Sameer was eagerly in search of devices which would help
him in these situations.

Solution & Impact
BarrierBreak introduced Sameer to the Touch Memo, a digital voice labeler
device which helps people identify and organize their things by recording
voice messages on labels pasted upon them.

Sameer started using the Touch Memo at home to identify his clothes. He
would paste a Touch Memo Label on any of his shirts and would record a
message to describe it using the Touch Memo Pen such that next time when
he touched the pen on the label, the prerecorded message would be played
enabling him to identify the particular shirt. This helped him identify
his clothes independently.

At office he uses the Touch Memo to organize his files and folders such
that he can pick the correct one when he would need it. On asking him
about his experiences using the Touch Memo, Sameer says that “It is a big
satisfaction to do things by our own without any help. The Touch Memo has
given me freedom to access my stuff, the best part being identifying and
selecting clothes from my wardrobe without being dependent on anyone
else.”

About Touch Memo
The Touch Memo Digital Voice Labeler is perfect for anyone who requires a
fast and easy way to label virtually anything. Simply attach a Touch Memo
label to the object, press the Touch Memo pen to the label, then record a
descriptive voice tag. Then the next time you press the Touch Memo pen to
that label it will read aloud the voice tag associated with it .
The Touch Memo can be used to label literally hundreds of everyday
household items including CD collections, groceries (including freezer
items), medicines and clothing (washable labels included).

About BarrierBreak
BarrierBreak is an Accessibility and Assistive Technology firm in India.
BarrierBreak, a brand of Net Systems Informatics (I) Private Limited is
the pioneer of Accessibility and Assistive Technology in India and the
first company to set up an Accessibility lab as well. Our teams are
aligned with our vision and mission to help our clients to provide
accessible solutions.To know more visit www.barrierbreak.com

Thanks&Regards
Ramya
Barrierbreak