Today, there are various assistive technology products available that can
help unleash the potential of people with disabilities. However, it also
becomes very important that the person is provided with the right product
that would help him as per his need. At Barrierbreak we evaluate a persons
needs, answer their questions and facilitate the right selection of the
product that is best for their specific situation and requirement.

The Case

Mohit Gupta is a partially sighted person from birth. His partial
sightedness was due to folds in the retina of both his eyes, because of
which he has about 50% vision in one eye only. For the first three years
of his academic life, he studied in a school of The National Association
of Blind, in Delhi, India, where he learnt Braille.

He realized that he was unable to access various learning materials as
everything was not available in Braille. Also, he was unable to access
information on the screen during his lectures. He had to be dependent on
people to read out things for him which was not always possible. He was
finding it hard to score in his exams as again here he was dependent on a
writer. He had trouble accessing computers too for any information due to
his vision problem.

Solution & Impact

Analyzing his situation and disability, BarrierBreak suggested Dolphin
Supernova and Optelec ClearNote+ to Mohit. With the help of Dolphin
Supernova screen reader and magnifier, Mohit was able to access computers
and gain access to information. Dolphin Supernova helped him to magnify
his laptop screen for him and as his eyes get tired he could easily switch
on to the screen reading option by Supernova.

Optelec ClearNote+ played an active role during his studies. He was able
to magnify the screen information during lectures and also able to give
his exams on his own. As he was not dependent on any writer he scored 95%
in his 10th Maths examination and 85% in 12th in the CBSE Board
Examination. He was also able to pursue graduation in BBA from University
of Birmingham and GD Goenka World Institute (Lancaster University) using
these products.

Mohit proudly says “I am one of the first students in India to write my
class 10th and 12th CBSE Board Examinations on the computer. Today, I work
with my family in our family business. With the availability of these
assistive technology products it becomes easy to handle day to day
operations. With the availability of new technology I can say that it’s
possible to do anything.”

Optelec ClearNote+

Combining near and distance viewing with a robust, portable and
user-friendly design makes the Optelec ClearNote+ your ideal companion in
the classroom & office. This lightweight unit makes transportation to
school or the office easy and is ideal for near, distance or self viewing.
http://barrierbreak.com/assistive-technology/visual-impairment/desktop-magnifier/optelec-clearnote-portable.html

Dolphin Supernova

Dolphin SuperNova Access Suite is unique in providing three ways to access
any Windows PC and its applications. It is the ultimate access software,
which aids the vision impaired, from low vision to the blind, to use the
computer to read or write documents, shop online or access emails using
Magnification, Speech & Braille.
http://barrierbreak.com/assistive-technology/visual-impairment/screen-reader-magnifier/dolphin-supernova-access-suite.html

About BarrierBreak

BarrierBreak is an Accessibility and Assistive Technology firm in India.
BarrierBreak, a brand of Net Systems Informatics (I) Private Limited is
the pioneer of Accessibility and Assistive Technology in India and the
first company to set up an Accessibility lab as well. Our teams are
aligned with our vision and mission to help our clients to provide
accessible solutions.To know more do visit www.barrierbreak.com

Thanks & Regards
Ramya Venkitesh
BarrierBreak