Hi Friends,

As our other friends suggested starting with HTML and CSS, these both
are the base to build any website. We choose either web designing or
web developing; one must have knowledge of both basic languages.
As I have learnt and possess little knowledge in web development,
would like to share with you all.
Firstly I would like one to understand the difference between web
designing and web development.
Web designing is client side coding, to attract users with Visual
effects, 2D & 3D animations, graphics etc... With software’s like
Photoshop, Corel draw, etc... This software’s are inaccessible.
Web development is server side coding. Development is about
interaction between click’s by user and content present on that web
site/web server.
For example, if site deals in file sharing. When user clicks to upload
file, it should upload file to appropriate directory/database and when
link is shared to download, should download the same file from same
directory/database without any error.
Every web Site is based on 1 language, either PHP or JAVA.
Developing comes with programming languages like PHP, AJAX, etc...
Simultaneously one should have basic knowledge of My SQL to develop
and manage database of web site.
To develop web site we need basic text editor such as notepad and
XAMPP for Apache and My SQL to run and both are accessible.
One can use Dreamweaver also to build your website.
I've shared this small piece of knowledge to give clarity, every one
to understand difference between web developing and designing.
Please do correct me if m wrong, in the content shared above.
As per my knowledge good PHP developers are in demand
Now its individual decision to choose there career in developing or designing.

Cheers,
Neha

Neha Agarwal,
PC/PMA-Project services,