From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of mahendra
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2013 12:07 AM
To: Dedicated AccessIndia list for discussing accessibility of mobile
phonesand Tabs.
Subject: Re: [AI] Disability Social Models – Taking on ‘F ULL’ Sensual Lives
with ‘HALF’ Sexual Bodie s

thanks Avinash for wonderful email on sex and
sexuality.
however in all this, i don't like turm normal people.
are we ebnormal?
we need to stop useing this word normal people.

At 04:50 PM 8/15/2013, you wrote:
> [...]
>jeopardizing lives of several disabled women, who end up in abusive
>relationships. Several disabled teenage girls are victims of abusive
>relationships with boyfriends and close friends.
>
>With lack of information and proper education in place, the transition
>from childhood to adulthood seems to be NORMAL. But there are so many
>associated problems and concerns about the same. Sex is still a taboo.
>Further sexual frustrations and health problems accentuate the
>severity of the issue. Marriage is the only option for persons with
>disability to have sex. Several women I have interviewed opined that
>for them, sex is painful because they are disabled and they don’t want
>to get married as they are unaware of their bodies and its functions.
>For several couples, sex is a problem due to frigidity and pre-mature
>ejaculation and they attribute every common problem regarding sex to
>disability. Disability tiredness in sex is an issue which is rarely
>discussed. People are not even aware of its consequences (whether it
>is beneficial or hazardous).
>
>Well, what I have discussed above is just the tip of the ice-berg. The
>problems are multi-dimensional and multi-layered. I have collected the
>above information from different parts of the country with different
>cultures and customs. But basic question is:
>
>WHEN WILL SOCIETY TREAT US AS WE ARE? WHO IS NORMAL ANYWAY???
>
>Awaiting your responses on this article!
>
>[Sai Padma Murthy is a polio survivor with 70 per cent disability. She
>is a disability activist and has gained experience in the management
>of Not-for-Profit organization that focuses on health and education in
>the coastal rural, tribal, and semi-urban communities. She
>administered and monitored Pratham, Home & Community based care and
>support, child labor school, Urban Health Center, Andhra Pradesh AIDS
>Control Society Projects and also worked for the management of persons
>with disabilities. She is instrumental in the conceptualization and
>establishment of boys’ and girls’ hostel in rural area and 6 tribal
>support schools in hamlets. She has been serving as an executive
>trustee of LFWPT handling project, in the legal and finance areas. She
>is the Founder-President of Global AID ( http://www.globalaid.in), a
>registered organization that aims to bring change in the lives of
>persons with disabilities facilitating Mobility, Accessibility,
>Employability and Sustainability. She is a writer/singer/fund-raiser
>for causes. Her articles on areas of disability in India were
>published in ILO journal, India Disability journal, Indian Women
>Online etc. A short collection of her poetry titled LIFE was
>published. She graduated in commerce and law. She is in the process of
>completing M.B.A. Finance and CA Final. She lives in an accessible
>home that stands as a model home in Visakhapatnam, India. She is
>married to Mr. Pragnanand Busi, a Development Professional and a Human
-sensual-lives-with-half-sexual-bodies/
>--
>Avinash Shahi
>M.Phil Research Scholar
>Centre for The Study of Law and Governance
>Jawaharlal Nehru University
>New Delhi India
>
>Register at the dedicated AccessIndia list for
>discussing accessibility of mobile phones / Tabs on:
dia.org.in

>Search for old postings at:
>http://www.mail-archive.com/accessindia@accessindia.org.in/
>
>To unsubscribe send a message to
>accessindia-requ...@accessindia.org.in
>with the subject unsubscribe.
>
>To change your subscription to digest mode or
>make any other changes, please visit the list home page at
>http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in
>

>Disclaimer:
>1. Contents of the mails, factual, or otherwise,
>reflect the thinking of the person sending the
>mail and AI in no way relates itself to its veracity;
>
>2. AI cannot be held liable for any
>commission/omission based on the mails sent through this mailing list..

with warm regards

Mahendra Galani
skype chintu3886
Mobile +4369910366055 Landline +4314943149
Addresse Herbst strasse 101/16/1
1160 Vienna Austria Europe

ia.org.in

sent through this mailing list..