You need to set VLC Media Player as the default player for FLV files.
Follow this procedure:

1. Select the file that needs to be open.
2. Press APPLICATION key and select "Open With sub menu" and open with
RIGHT ARROW.
3. Hit DOWN ARROW and select "Choose Default Program" from the list
and press ENTER to open it.
4. Press V until you reach to VLC Media Player application in that list.
5. Press TAB and tick the checkbox "Always use the selected program to
open this kind of file" with SPACEBAR.
6. Tab to "OK button" and hit ENTER.

Revert back if you need further assistance.

On 8/19/13, Ekinath Khedekar <ekin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No dear,
>
> My vlc media player is not playing it. I get an option suggesting IE
> as a prefered software to play it. If VLC cud play then it should have
> directly start plaing upon pressing enter right?
>
> But do suggest any ways to make vlc play it, as i do have it installed on my
> pc.
>

> On 8/18/13, Ekinath Khedekar <ekin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am unable to download flv player from any site.
>> Pl. provide a direct link to downlaod the same like sentspace or dropbox
>>
>> thanks
>> --
>>
>> "Security is a superstition. Avoiding danger is no safer than outright
>> exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
>> "What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply
>> becomes a part of us."
>> -    Ms. Helen Keller
>>

> --
>
> "Security is a superstition. Avoiding danger is no safer than outright
> exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
> "What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply
> becomes a part of us."
> -     Ms. Helen Keller

"Life is like a piano.
White keys are happy moments