NVDA does have another feature of add-ons.

There are several add-ons that have been contributed by different developers
round the globe.

In version 2013.2 version of NVDA in the manage add-on dialogue box you do
have a link that takes you to the download page of the NVDA add-ons. There
is a specific add-on dealing with system tray. This is specifically for
persons who have come habitual of jaws script for system tray. This add-on
adds this system tray item listing feature to NVDA.

Else, from desktop, we can tab to systemtray itself. Here by using arrow
keys we can access all items of system tray and activate these.

Regarding linefeed:

In document like MS word:

If we use up or down arrow in a document with blank lines, it does say
blank. If you use left or right arrow, it announces line-feed. Linefeed is
the character that symbolised an enter key press at that location.

This in fact is an additional feature which I find to be very useful and
exactly the required behaviour.

Thanks
Dipendra