On 9/8/2013 11:03 PM, habeeb. c wrote:
Hello friends,
as we are conducting serious discussion on developing NVDa, i'm going
through an unsolvable dilemma. Developing a screenreader is a really
commendable thing, but what if it is not afordable and not attainable
to most people in a country. I know that the screenreader here is free
of coast, but how about the operating system. How many of us can aford
to pay for windows to install the particular screenreader.
We have already got Orca in linux, the facilities in Orca is available
in regional languages also. It has many problems, but they can be
easily solved, if there is a collective initiative from the part of
government, NGOs and other related circles. I doubt why all such
initiatives go to the corporate circle, and why the open source is
completely neglected. I don't know how many of my friends will be
comfortable with this idea, but if we don't have a collective
bargaining for such developments which are for all alike, the use of
technology will be limited to a miniscule minority, as it is now.
Apple I phones are the most advanced technology available today,
Howmany of us can purchase it?
regards