exactly my point. there's also another thing. if the visual area is
going to adapt to help our ears, then we should b able to process any
auditory input. such as music etc. so just the fact that we r better
only at reading itself explains that its just sheer practice and
nothing else. of course i'm not very sure if blind people being labled
as better musicians has anything to contribute there, but i dont think
so. to me its more of a compartment than a complement. i mean i know
non-blind musicians who r equally good and even better. so that cliche
can be left out.
kanchan your point about preferring human voice to a mechanical 1 is
interesting. i think if given a choice we would all prefer it. but now
the problem is that no human would be able to read as fast as we're
used to by now. so we remain but slaves of the machine.
anyway future researchers can actually take up this issue if any1 is
interested in looking at info processing and blindness. it would be
really fascinating.
and yes. its best to accept and make the most of people thinking we're
smarter than the rest. smile.