Before uninstallation, avast should be deactivated

From: "Mr. Banker" <visuallyimpairedbank...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2013 12:02 PM
To: "AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerningthe disabled." <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Subject: Re: [AI] strainge problem about uninstallation avast

Sometimes it´s not possible to uninstall avast! the standard way -
using the ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS in control panel. In this case, you can
use our uninstallation utility aswClear.

How to uninstall our software using aswClear:
1.Download aswclear.exe on your desktop. From:
http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/aswclear.exe

2.Start Windows in Safe Mode
3.Open (execute) the uninstall utility
4.If you installed avast! in a different folder than the default,
browse for it. (Note: Be careful! The content of any folder you choose
will be deleted!)
5.Click REMOVE
6.Restart your computer
Note:  Jaws will not speak in safe mode. There is a file which helps
us to use jaws in safe mode. Right now I don't have that file.