From: Rahul Bajaj <rahul.bajaj10...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 18:27:44
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Subject: Re: [AI] New York Times: Growing Up With a Disabled Sibling,   By
 RACHEL ADAMS

Hi all,

According to me, it is not fair to put the entire blame on the parents.

When any parent finds out that his child is blind, he experiences  a great
sense of helplessness and despair.
In such a situation, he seeks the help of special educators  and other people
who are closely associated with blind people.
My uniform experience has taught me that the aforementioned people generally
tell the parents one of the following 2 things:
1. Their blind child will be able to do everything and will lead a completely
normal life.
2. Their blind child won't be able to do anything and will live a miserable
life.
In actuality, the truth  always lies  somewhere in the middle.
So, due to lack of proper guidance, many parents of blind children are unable
to provide their child the kind of  support  and care that he or she needs.

Sent from my iPhone