So hopefully We'll have National Tournament of Cricket played by blind
women in the years to come.
Certainly this innitiative, taken by VDCA is welcome one!
And down the ten years from now probably World cup?
VADODARA: The disabled girls from Vadodara will soon be able to play
professional cricket and participate in tournaments.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/vadodara/Girls-with-disabilities-to-get-cricket-coaching/articleshow/26114442.cms
The Baroda Disabled Cricket Association (BDCA) has decided to coach
disabled girls in cricket and organize regular tournaments. BDCA
already has a team of disabled boys who participate in cricket
tournaments. The camp for coaching disabled girls may take off this
Sunday at Gujarat Refinery Ground.

"There are many talented disabled girls who can do well in cricket. We
decided to start special coaching camps for them so that they too can
participate in cricket tournaments. It will do wonders to their
confidence," said Nitendra Singh, chairman of BDCA and coach of men's
disabled national team.

"Over a dozen disabled girls from the city have already approached us
and we are expecting the numbers to go up in coming weeks," Singh told
TOI. The disabled girls will also be trained in umpiring and scoring
so that they can take up professional jobs and support themselves and
their families.

The training camp will be held twice a week and Singh is expecting
more applications from disabled girls from other districts too. "Once
the girls are trained, we will organize disabled girls' cricket
tournament in the city and later make efforts to organize tournaments
at higher level," Singh added.

Post a comment

--
Avinash Shahi