HP products also work. for OCR, I recommend Kurzweil more than anything.

Umesha

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yogesh Chhabra" <yogesh4...@gmail.com> To: "AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerningthe disabled." <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2013 1:08 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] suggestion for Scanner and OCR

go with the flat bed scanner of cannon series or epson.  as far as OCR
is concerned, you can go with ABBYY fine reader.

On 12/14/13, Rejin Jose k. <m2re...@gmail.com> wrote:
hi all,
hope all are fine. i'm planning to buy one scanner for my academic
purpose like scanning my text books,library reference books etc. since
i'm staying in hostel i need a portable one which is easy to carry and
  good in perfomance. please suggest me one to buy.
then another thing is OCR application,which is the best one that we
can   scan books  with least error?
 waiting for your  valuable guidance...!

--
With Warm Regards,