good work sir. pplease keep continue. I think we all should try best in our capacity.
From: "Manish Sharma" <manish11...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2013 6:37 PM
To: "AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerningthe disabled." <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Subject: [AI] delhi university, new roster, appointments, and ph

Hello list members, I, Manish Sharma, have100 % visually impaired, have been teaching in the department of history, swami Shraddhanand College since 17 July, 2006. Today, I want to bring the problems in 200 point Roster and appointment process in relation to my college in particular and university in general in your notice, which are as follows:

Delhi University, colleges are going to appoint large number of ad hoc teachers according to 200 point roster which was implemented in 2007. The Process of permanent appointments is supposed to commence soon under the new roster. On 3000 -- 4000 vacant posts, appointments are proposed to be done which is roughly equivalent to 40 % of entire teaching posts. In order to implement 200 point roster, colleges haveput 100 point roster, particularly for appointment of PWD, in cold storage.

PH candidates are being not appointed on ad hoc seats. University approved 200 point roster of different colleges does not mention PH'S appointments.

Allow me to give live example of my college i.e. Swami Shraddhanand college. According to 200 point roster, Appointment process on ad hoc seats in college has been begun from mid-December onwards. College is conceding that total teaching strength in Shraddhanand College is more than 168 teachers. Anybody can view the roster of Shraddhanand College on its website.

Of 168 appointed teachers (both permanent and ad hoc), 6 disable were to be appointed. Shraddhanand College has appointed only 4 disable teachers thus far. When I brought this fact in principal's knowledge , he and administrative officer, who has made college's roster also, told me that PH will be appointed on 201^st post.[my protest is attached

If you people remember that in the movement of disability rights in Delhi University, struggle for implementing 100 point roster had been important for the rights of disabled. As a result of this movement, Delhi university colleges appointed large number of disable teachers. Regrettably, appointed PH teachers have become complacent and the focus of this successful movement has diverted to other perks like house etc.

We must understand that for us to be able to successfully assert our presence in the university it is mandatory that 3 reservations in teaching and non-teaching posts are successfully filled.--------Regards, Manish Sharma.

The Principal,

Swami Shraddhanand College,

(University of Delhi)

Alipur, Delhi-110036.

Sir,

Please accept this as my formal note of dissent in capacity of teacher in charge, department of History, Swami Shraddhanand College. The reason for my note of dissent and refusal to participate in the appointment of one ad-hoc post in the department of history since the process violates the provision of disability act and Supreme Court orders on reservations are detailed as under:

1)In spite of the fact that the college administration is aware that I am a visually challenged person they did not provide me with letters, etc. associated with the interview in format accessible to the blind viz. Braille or computerised soft copy, the is in violation of provisions of the disability act.

2)In matters pertaining to appointments it is legally mandated that the roster is displayed in public domain. In spite of my protest letters pointing out the lapse of the college authorities on this ground the college finally displayed the roster on the college website only yesterday, 23/12/2013, afternoon, i.e. after the interview for appointments to teaching posts in various departments of the college had already commenced.

3)The roster has incorrect information pertaining to the department of history. It indicates that the department has four ad-hoc posts before the current 200 point post based roster was made. This is incorrect. Our department has only three legally appointed ad-hoc teachers. The fourth was illegally accommodated by you since in the academic semester July 2013-Dec 2013, as per the master time table of the college we had workload for only three ad-hoc teachers. Importantly, by attempting to retrospectively legalise an illegal appointment made in the previous semester you have rendered the 200 points roster prepared for the current semester i.e. January 2014-June 2014 incorrect and illegal. If two posts are shown to be appointed, as is legally required, the roster for appointments to be made in the college will change.

4)In the limited time that was available for me to peruse the roster for teaching posts, it is faulty on several counts. To begin with roster is prepared in accordance to the date on which a post is created. This is true both for posts that are created due to retirement of a teacher and posts that are created due to expansion of teaching posts. In violation of this rule the 200 point post based roster for the college has been prepared by arranging departments in alphabetical order. Any appointment made on this faulty roster will therefore be illegal.

5)The roster for appointments to teaching post in the college also violates the supreme court orders that explicitly state that the total number of seats reserved for affirmative action should not exceed 50% of the posts advertised. The 200 points roster was applicable in 2007 when reservation for OBC was implemented in teaching post. Any backlog in this roster thus accrues from the year 2007, when the 200 points post based roster is implemented. The roster provided by you however beging calculating the backlog form 1970 thus inflating the number of seats in backlog and thus effectively reserving more than 50% seats. This is contempt of the highest court of the land.

6)Finally, the roster is completely silent on the quota for the disabled candidates. As per the disability act at three more appointments need to be made for persons with disability. It is incumbent on the college authorities to earmark the posts reserved respectively for the visually handicapped and orthopedically handicapped persons.

Sir, being a law abiding citizen of the country I cannot be party to a process that violates the disability act and is in contempt of the Supreme Court of India.

Thank you.

Your's truly.

Manish Sharma

Teacher-in-charge,

Department of History

CC:

Chief Justice, Supreme court of india

VC, University of Delhi

PROVC, University of Delhi

Dean of Colleges, University of Delhi

Time to meet up again!
Register for AccessIndia Convention 2014: