From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of Subramani L
Sent: 06 January 2014 11:10
To: accessindia
Subject: [AI] About my book "Lights Out" published by Random House India

Dear folks:

I am happy to announce that my book "Lights Out", a blow by blow account of
how it felt like to be gradually losing vision, is being published by Random
House India. Through "Lights Out" I want people beyond the medical and VI
community to speak about R.P. and other retinal conditions and question
practices such as marriages of consanguinity that is so prevalent in south
India and leads to R.P.
and other retinal conditions. I am also happy to note that I am going the
route taken by others in this group, notably Ms. Preeti Monga and a few
other of our visually challenged friends who took to writing to create
awareness.

I have written to Harish to see if I can share the experience of writing the
book with our Access Indian friends at the February convention. In fact, I
would like to convert that into a creative writing workshop of two or three
hours duration in which I would like to deal with writing as a medium of
expression. I would like to see more writers out of this group making an
impact on the way blindness and blind people are perceived in the outside
world. I would like to know if there is interest for a session on writing.
Please keep Harish posted about it. In the mean time, please spread the word
about the book.

If some of you are wondering about e-edition or audio, I have spoken to
Random House India, the publishers of the book, to consider other formats.
Possibly, there would be an epop edition for Kindle users. I shall keep you
all updated as and when the publisher decides on other formats.

Thanks for all your support and good wishes over the years, particularly the
senior members who have offered plenty of encouraging words.

Warm regards,

Subramani

--
L. Subramani,
Snr. Subeditor,

Facebook: Subramani Lakshminarayanan

Twitter: lsubramani60873

Linkedin: L. Subramani

website: http://www.lsubramani.com

If you are someone who need personal help to cope with blindness, a little
friendly chat about things that bother you or just an ear to listen to your
fears and frustrations, please don't hesitate to get in touch. I've been
through that and I can help. Just leave your questions and if you don't want
to give your name, that's fine.

 Are you an HR exec, a volunteer, a friend/relative of someone going through
blindness or do you want to understand disability because it's part of
something that you are working on?... Pl get in touch for volunteer help.

Time to meet up again!
Register for AccessIndia Convention 2014:

ia.org.in

sent through this mailing list..