hi,

basically after pressing enter 2 3 times, u need to come back to the
end of your last sentence with your arrow keys, and then with the
right arrow key, u can go to the beginning of the next line and start
typing. so the enter does continue the numbering, the trick is to use
your arrow keys and navigate to the beginning of a new line, when u
dont want the numbers to apere.
hope i'm understood.