Good initiative indeed,

But I hope that such good organisations are also making participants
aware about risks involved in say both RP affected marrying. They
should also organise genetic counselling along with match making
gatherings. SO people take informed decisions and more RP kind of
births are avoided out of ignorance than one’s own choice.

Spreading awareness amongst our own friends will be much easier than
spreading awareness in the society against consanguinity marriages. We
need to start with our own house if possible voluntarily.

On 1/6/14, Prashant Naik <pran...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear List, Sharing an excellent and great initiative by Voice Vision and
> Sushmeetha Bubna successively third time.  Below is a coverage article from
> Times of India print media of the yesterday's  awesome event.  - Prashant
> Naik
>

> Meet plays matchmaker for people with disabilities
>
> Times of India,  Jan 6, 2014.
>

> MUMBAI: Chirag and Mansi Kothari have been married for 10 years now with
> two children. The couple, both suffering from hearing impairment and speech
> disability, have ensured their disability does not come in their way of a
> happy married life and raising children. The couple came to motivate others
> like them at a matrimonial meet organized by the Rotary Club of Mumbai West
> Coast and the NGO Voice Vision in Malad on Sunday.
>

> Around 55 individuals with disabilities gathered to find their life
> partners. To motivate them were three such couples who shared their
> experiences. Even as nobody finalized partners, many said they liked more
> than one individual, said Sushmeetha Bubna, founder-director of the NGO.
>

> Parents of Ghatkopar's Bhavik Jobanputra, who suffers a minor limp due to
> polio, claimed they liked a girl with a similar problem. "We will have to
> see if it works out as she is a north Indian," said his father. The
> Dandekars from Bhandup who came looking for a bride for their son, Tanmay,
> suffering from a minor mental illness and is a slow learner, claimed the
> organization should have had wider publicity to ensure more people
> registered.
>

> The president of the Rotary Club West Coast, Vikas Upadhyay, claimed that
> people from as far as Gujarat, Delhi and Tirupati had come to find matches.
> Differently-abled couples Dinesh and Monica Saraiya and doctors Priti and
> Ghanshyam Sharma, were also present.
> Time to meet up again!
> Register for AccessIndia Convention 2014:
> http://accessindia.org.in/harish/convention.htm

“The waves breaking on the surface draw all the attention,
But it is the current beneath the water that determines your direction…”