Greetings from NAB Assistive Technology Helpline!

In our series of sessions on the banking theme we conducted two sessions
namely "Banking Accessibility and Talking ATM" and "Empowering Young
Visually Impaired Bankers" on 9th November and 14th December, 2013
respectively.

 On December 28, 2013 we conducted an interactive workshop for the visually
impaired candidates who have qualified IBPS CWE examination from 3:00 PM to
5:00PM. The workshop was conducted to empower the candidates who are called
for the interview scheduled in the month of January-2014.

Session Objective:

This empowering workshop intended to equip the participants with the
essential skills required for cracking the interview. In majority of cases
it is observed that interview panel does not consist of a member who is
aware about the assistive technology or the abilities of the visually
impaired person. So in this scenario it becomes imperative on part of the
interview candidate to demonstrate and inform the interview board about
strengths of a visually impaired person. The area that shall be concentrated
was probable questions based on past experiences, effective entry and exit
skills, body language and transmission of strong areas of the participant
during the interview.

Session Highlights:

The workshop was facilitated by Dr. Ashwini Kumar Agarwal and Mr.

Dipendra Manocha. Dr. Agarwal has rose to the rank of chief manager with
Punjab national bank and is associated with the bank's training system for a
decade. Presently he is posted at zonal training center as senior faculty.
Dr. Agarwal has also designed an informative and empowering document for
prospective visually impaired bankers.

Mr. Dipendra Manocha is working as the Developing countries coordinator and
Lead of Training and Tech Support with the DAISY Consortium. He is member of
The Executive Committee of the World Blind Union. He is managing trustee of
The Saksham Trust. He is the elected president of the NAB Delhi and DAISY
Forum of India.

The participants were also benefited by the valuable and key inputs on body
language and communications by Ms. Madhu and Ms. Monika who are working with
IBM as trainers.

NAB helpline is sharing full proceedings of this two hour session in

mp3 format. We have made available multiple audio files for easy listening.

Download zip folder of audio recording from below link

http://www.wuala.com/helpline/Documents/Recording_IBPS_session_NAB%20delhi.zip/

Also a key resource in the form of take away material is made available
during the session which can be downloaded from the below link.

http://www.wuala.com/helpline/Documents/IBPS_SESSION_RESOURCES_NAB%20DELHI.zip/

Take away material includes

1. REFERENCE DOCUMENT FOR SESSION ON EMPOWERING IBPS QUALIFIED CANDIDATES
prepared by Dr. Ashwini K. Agarwal. This document is made available In
Daisy, HTML and BRF format.

2. An audio of Body Language tips by Ms. Madhu.

3. An audio on tips for effective Communication during an interview by Ms.
Monika.

4. An HTML document prepared "INFO ON BANKING AWARENESS AND IBPS COMMON
INTERVIEW QUESTIONS" by Prashant Naik

If clicking on above link does not work, please carefully copy and paste the
complete link text in the address bar of your browser. Very often the links
are broken into two or more lines by the email clients.

We are thankful to all NAB Delhi office bearers, Workshop resource persons
and all the participants for making such a distinctive series on banking
sessions a success.

We congratulate all the candidates who have qualified in Common Written Exam
and wish a Good Luck to them for the interview.

Thanks/Regards,

Assistive Technology Helpline Team,

National Association for the blind,

Sec-5, R K Puram,